Here goes nothing!!!!
At the encouragement of friends, I have decided to start a blog to journal the beginning endeavors of a new teacher. My mentor professors all encourage their students to journal or keep a diary of daily events to reflect on teaching abilities; defeats, accomplishments, ect... So, I have decided to kill two birds with one stone since I am not much of a "journaler" and start a blog! I hope to gain new ideas from followers, family & friends about potential teaching ideas and reflect back on my journey.
I began at Arizona State University as a BioEngineering major, then sat through my first engineering class and wanted to cry. I quickly changed to a BioChem major and then despised chemistry. After a couple more degree changes, I settled on Biology with an emphasis on Pre-Health. I pursued my degree with every intention of continuing on to medical or dental school. After ruling out medical school at the time, I took an internship at a dental office and determined dentistry was not right for me either. I took a year cleaning pools with my dad's business and then accepted a job at a private university to begin work on a master's degree in health administration (insert snore here). I realized that as a graduate with a degree in health administration, I would lead a life ran by an office and thought I would soon be spending my days with a ball and chain to my desk and a blackberry connected to my hand constantly checking emails. My father encouraged me to look in to the field of education. I signed up for one class and fell in love. Education allows me the opportunity to continue the endless possibilities as a student in the field of science and teaching, and the chance to work with students to make a difference in their lives.
I finished my degree in May of 2010 and signed a letter of intent on Wednesday June 23, 2010. I am SUPER EXCITED to get the keys to my classroom so I can begin my new career. I look forward to sharing this journey with you!
XOXO
CHANTEL
I am SO excited to blog stalk you! You even figured out how to put the pictures on and everyrthing :)
ReplyDelete