This year is winding down to a close and I couldn't be more thankful. Thankful for all of the lessons I have learned while teaching lessons.
Some of my students have learned a lot and all of them have taught me a lot. As I begin to pack up my classroom teaching materials, I have such bittersweet emotions. I am moving and with each move there is sadness, and hope. I am packing boxes and boxes of my stuff up and out. It is hard to believe I have accumulated so much stuff just in 9 months of teaching!
I heard a rumor that the principal was showing another potential teacher my classroom earlier this week. I felt a sharp pain in my back. Such mixed emotions that another teacher will be calling my classroom "home" and yet they cannot keep me.
Even though I decided to remove myself from the surplus list, I still wish my principal would have fought for me to stay. I was really hoping by giving my everything to my teaching I would have eared a conference with him to have to explain to him why I was choosing to leave. At least that would have given him the opportunity to tell me if I was doing a good job or meet my needs in order for me to stay. I now face the harsh reality that I am just like every other teacher out there who wants to teach.
I still haven't actually applied to any other districts. I have no excuse as to what I am waiting for. Just haven't found the time to actually do it and get it done.
On the bright side, my BIO kids are dissecting this week. They are dissecting a worm, grasshopper, crayfish, and frog. I have created easy labs for them to complete in cooperation with the dissections, and it has given MANY of them a chance to really boost their grades. I cannot believe the dedication to them doing their pre-dissection labs on time. I explained to them they will not dissect until their pre-lab is done. Because dissecting is so awesome, they are all gung-ho to get it done so they can get in the lab. At least they are bringing up their grade!
Reviewing for the semester finals has begun and as this year winds down, I really pray I never forget this year and the lessons I have learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment