Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Final Time

Eesh - boy have I been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Did not realize how quick the end of the semester was going to catch up to me! I have been visiting the copy center every day sometimes twice a day to pick up and drop off copies. It has been nuts!

I had to submit a list of students that are "more than likely" going to fail my class come semester time. Boy was that depressing. Most teachers had numbers like 8, or 7, or even a 10 students. I had 2 pages......and in size 11 font. What am I doing wrong? Seriously! What am I doing wrong? 2 pages?!

I accept late work, I make them re-take tests they have failed until they get a passing grade, I assign them to stay after school so I can tutor them. What the heck? Now, some of them may pass the class. I spent today only teaching half the class period, then the other half asking students to come up so I can show them their grades on the computer. Some of these kids were not even aware they were failing!!! HELLO!? Have you NOT looked at your progress report?!? Have you not asked your homeroom (Peer Leadership Advisory) teacher to show you your grades? I had them bring up their binders and went through them putting a star in the upper right hand corner of all the assignments they could finish & turn in. Let's see how many I actually get back.

I told all my students on Monday that my grade book closes on Friday of this week. That way, I can have the weekend to get anything graded that I need to enter and have time to put it in the system. Finals are next Wednesday & Thursday and they are 20% of their grade by order of the district!! YIKES! Ahhh yes, that explains my 2 panic attacks I had earlier this week. But then again, why am I panicking? Some of these kids probably won't even notice they failed. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment