I met with our principal this morning and I felt so much better after meeting with him. He expressed concern and empathy over the incidents yesterday and by lunch time, he had BCC'd me on all the emails sent as a result of our conversation. I am thrilled.
Our principal is new to the school. This is only his second year and I admire his courage and dedication to fixing the issues facing our school. That is the biggest reason I accepted the position at the school I am at.
The hindrances teachers, staff, and students face on a daily basis are not easy to conquer. He took on a big job when he accepted his position. I appreciate his dedication to the school, students, and staff. He made a reference on the first day of school. He said that a school is like a big wheel. In order to get the wheel to move, we start rolling it slowly, then as it gains momentum, it will spin faster and faster until we don't have to push it anymore.
I am still pleased with his optimism for the future of our school.
I'm so glad to hear that you have a pro-active principal. It is nice when administration supports us teachers. :)
ReplyDelete