Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Update on Student 391 & 295

Student 391 is now up to 394 attendance violations and still in my class. Now he is coming in 15 minutes before school starts and just sitting in my room. He has turned in 2 homework assignments and just sits in my room before school starts. This sucks. This means I can't go run my errands, pick up my copies, do anything I need to do. I am not lifting one finger to help him! he is toast as far as I am concerned.

Student 295 is up to 320 attendance violations and came in today with no binder, no paper, no pencil, no nothing and tardy. He has not turned in anything.

8th period I got a phone call from the Dean of Students. My neighbor next to me has been harassing the administration on my behalf to get rid of these two kids. The Dean called me to see if they had made any progress and I told her just what I wrote. I am done wasting my energy on these kids. She asked me if they could come in and make up any of the work and I plainly said, "Nope. Deadline was day of test."

The crazy thing is - I really don't care if they stay in my class anymore or if they remove them. I have really just felt let down with the whole situation. Here I was sitting taking notes in my principal's meeting and all meetings I go to about what I am supposed to do in the classroom and then I go spend all my time doing my job, only to have it put right back in my lap to tutor them?!? WHAT?!

I was gone for 2 days for my sister's wedding and came back to 6 emails from some person they hired to "help work with troubled students and get their grades up." Each email told me I was required to request these kids to come see me for 2 days each week during advisory, and tutor them for 30 minutes 2 days per week after schol. I FLIPPED OUT! Nope! Ain't gonna happen with this chicka!

I have each of these 6 kids 5 days per week for 50 minute class periods. ALL of these 6 kids do not do their homework, they do not take notes, and they do nothing in class. NOW I am supposed to waste MORE of MY time catching them up and re-teaching lessons I have already taught?! I think NOT! NO! I actually have students who really need help coming in and my time is dedicated to students who actually want to be in school and work, not working because their "academic support" counselor told them they had to.

And seriously - what is this guys job?! Isn't education funding for employment in the toilet? What the freak are we doing hiring a guy to basically police teachers to tell them they aren't doing a good enough job teaching it the first 3 times, they now have to teach it individually to the students who are "struggling" with it. The only reason they are struggling with it is because no one is sitting next to them rubbing their back, feeding them grapes, and brushing their hair while telling them how wonderful they are and how hard they work. AUGH!

Lets see what happens with this....

No comments:

Post a Comment