Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Frustration

I am very tired of everyone telling me to relax and not take things so seriously. I am becoming increasingly concerned with the lack of work ethic from my student population.

I have a student in my 1st period class. I have called home 3 times and spoken with his father, talked with his other teachers, and requested a parent conference. That was 5 weeks ago. This kid comes in every day with a mouth full of sunflower seeds. He shares them with the rest of the class and as you can imagine, I have sunflower shells covered in spit all over the floor in my classroom. It is disgusting. I have asked him politely, I have spoken with him sternly, and to this day, the kids still comes in with them in his cheeks. He does nothing in class and refuses to take any tests. Today we had a test and he kept getting up to walk to the trash can to spit out the shells. When I asked him he loudly yelled, "WHAT?! I don't got nothing Miz. Stop staring at me! That's rude!!" He didn't answer all the questions on his test and he did not turn in his homework either. What am I supposed to do? I am told I write too many discipline referrals, but I have officially exhausted all of my options when dealing with this kid. What am I supposed to do? Keep living with sunflower shells all over my floor? It's disgusting, a classroom disturbance, and a pain in the rear for the custodial staff to have to put up with. The kids are not allowed to eat in my room - PERIOD - clearly he is violating classroom procedure, but what am I going to do about it?

I had a whole slew of other issues today - but I really don't want to whine - maybe just a hot shower and go to bed early....

No comments:

Post a Comment