Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Detention

I have had it with the tardies! We finally got a tardy policy in place that says if a student is tardy to class, then they have to serve 30 minutes of detention after school with that teacher whose class they were tardy to. So, today, I started dishing out the detentions. I had 17 kids in my class after school today. I wrote 7 referrals for students who did not show up for detention. This is too much paperwork! Way too much paperwork! I don' t know how long I can keep this up for. Way too much paperwork to write and keep track of!

Tardies SUCK for a teacher! Not only do you have to keep track of them, but you are also losing that much instructional time in the classroom. I tried to give a quiz in the first 15 minutes of class today for physical science - and I had 4 of them get to class so late, the quiz was already over! Now, I signed their teacher request form to have them come see me during the advisory period to make up the quiz. Only 1 showed up. Lovely! Just Lovely! MORE PAPERWORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment