Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spirit Week Dilemma

So, this week is Spirit Week for Homecoming. Monday was Pajama day, Tuesday is Fashion Mistake day, Wednesday is Pirate day, Thursday is Pink Out day (in honor of breast cancer), and Friday is crazy Orange & Blue day (in honor of our school colors).

Monday I showed up to school in pajama pants, an old college T-Shirt, Mickey Mouse bathrobe, slippers, and pink sponge curlers in my hair. I have school spirit, yes I do! But - I forgot that when you leave school, no one else knows about Spirit Week. So, my errands after school consisted my fashionable pajamas and me. On Monday, I had an appointment immediately after school to go to. Now, I did think ahead and pack a brand new fancy and professional dress. I neglected to try the dress on before I packed it. IT WAS WAY TOO SMALL! There was no way I could wear that skimpy lil' thing to my appointment! I panicked and called my mom. It was either the itsy bitsy teenie weenie dress, or pajamas and slippers. Not liking my options.

Mother saved me as best she could. She gave me a great little fib (I packed my dress in with my lunch and it leaked over my dress), told me to hold my head up high and take the high road. So I did. I did change out of the slippers in to the high heels that I brought.

I marched in to my appointment wearing pajama pants, an old college T-Shirt, and high heels. I did take off the robe, and remove the pink sponge curlers from my hair! Boy was I a sight for sore eyes! Ah - live and learn......and don't plan any appointments after school during spirit week!

No comments:

Post a Comment