Well, my Christmas Break is over!
Tomorrow I head back to school! I brought home a box FULL of lesson material to go over all break to plan out my next units and I haven't even opened up the box at all! Such a slacker!
I have no idea what I am going to teach tomorrow. I can say that I have had a very restful winter break. It was very nice not to have to worry about grading papers, entering grades, or writing labs. I was trying to make my life easier this next term, but I really needed the break.
Instead of freaking out that I didn't get anything done, I am going to relax, and just keep on doing what I have been doing. I am going to keep doing the labs, and keep things going my way. I want to really give it all I've got this first year. This way, I can really look back and see the progression/regression. Plus, I have really enjoyed teaching the labs. Why would I cut out something that I really enjoy doing?
I figure I have spent 18 weeks planning as I go, and taking rushed baby steps through the whole thing.... I can do it for another 18 weeks right? It wasn't so bad.....(I might be lying to myself! ;)). I am going to cut way back on the grading though. I think I am finally learning that I don't have to grade EVERYTHING. Not everything has to go in the gradebook. This lesson has helped me more in the last couple of weeks of last semester than anything else.
One thing that is going to be VERY difficult is getting up so early again! Over break, I have gotten used to staying up late and sleeping until 10:00am! Tomorrow, I will be up again at 5:00am! YIKES! My body is going to kill me! Wish me luck and will post soon!
Hi there! I am a friend of DeAnna's; she recommended your blog to me. I have not only been enjoying it, but I completely identify with your stories. I taught for almost twelve years. Your experiences echo many of mine. I hope to meet you someday! You are what education needs! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete-Jen
Thank you and i hope to meet you too!
ReplyDelete