Woke up this morning totally LATE! I had set my alarm for 5:00am, then forgot to turn the stupid thing ON! What a loser! I ended up waking up by the grace of God at 6:34, throwing on the only thing in my closet that matched, and ran out the door. The people on their morning commute got a real good look as I was trying to pin up my hair and put on mascara on my drive to the district. I live in Fountain Hills, and had to drive to Central Ave and Camelback in 26 minutes!?! I made it in 34 minutes and today was the best day of all to have this happen because registration was between 7 and 8 am so walking in at 7:34 was not a bad deal! :) WHEW!
I met everyone at the district today in HR and all the members of the school board. I am very IMPRESSED to see that all the HR representatives were present at our orientation and very helpful! They all made sure they were available to answer any and all questions we had and to guide us in the right direction for our afternoon training.
After lunch, we went to our PLC (Professional Learning C(ommunities?)) So since I teach science, I went to a science classroom where we learned from our district science curriculum administrator. He is VERY nice and SUPER patient. I wish I had a teacher like him for physical science when I was in high school! He showed us how to use our SharePoint site to pull handy information such as sample labs, handouts, and graphic organizers for our classes. I might also point out that all this was done using brand NEW MAC BOOK PRO's! Our district is so fortunate and he is so insightful and really puts all the kids' and teachers' needs first! There are these carts that lock full of 18 MAC BOOK PRO'S for kids to use in the classroom! The teacher signs up to use a cart, then VOLIA! Each kid is totally equipped to work on research, perform laboratory duties, or write a lab report right there in the classroom! With 18 laptops, each kid will work with a partner in a designated lab group. I am sitting here on my MACBOOK (not MACBOOK PRO) just as a teacher and I am on the short end of the stick! ;)
I had dinner tonight with two of my fellow co-workers from my weekend job at a golf course. They treated and were able to come by to see my classroom. I felt very special and glad they took the time out of their day to stop by!
Tomorrow will be more training on the technology available in our classroom all day and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment