Total Pageviews

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 7

I am EXHAUSTED! I am exhausted and my classroom is still not ready! I have been stuck in meetings ALL WEEK! I wish teachers would have been required to come to school a week ago, then had at least 3 days to get their rooms ready. I have so many issues that need fixing! My computer will not allow me to show the online video I have to show for Monday morning, I don't have an American Flag in my classroom, I don't have a clock, I need another white board, I have no lesson plans done, still trying to get access to my online student roster in Genesis....... the list goes on and on and on.

The school will be open over the weekend, so I have recruited my youngest sister to come and help me on Sunday complete last minute preparations for the room.

Good News: The previous teacher who taught Biology and is not teaching it this year gave me all her specimens and laboratory stuff....YEAHOO! Now, I just need to go through everything and organize it so I will know what I have. I also drove all the way to another high school in the district to visit the man who did our curriculum training last week and he gave me a bunch of Biology materials. VERY THANKFUL FOR THAT!

Also got to call my Advisory period students today and talk to a couple of them. I introduced myself and gave them my name and room number so they would know where to go on the first day of school. I was surprised at how many phone numbers were invalid. I am teaching in a very low-income area and today that reality hit me like a ton of bricks!

VERY NERVOUS about teaching physical science!

No comments:

Post a Comment