Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Teacher with Students Who Don't Do Homwork

I flipped today. My BIO kids had one worksheet to finish as homework and my Physical Science kids had 3 pages to read and 2 questions to answer as homework. I had about 10 kids actually do their homework.

I flipped out! I gave them the hardest lecture I had in my arsenal. I asked them how many of them have someone they know in the military or who has served in the military. Almost all of them raised their hands. I asked them how many of their known relatives would be proud of them if they knew their sacrifices for our country were in vain because they were not doing their homework. I told them the USA is the only country in the world to offer a free education to everyone. If they do not feel lucky to be here, then stop coming to class. Stop wasting my time and stop waisting their classmates time.

I ripped in to them. I was so mad. I cannot believe it is this difficult to get them to do their homework.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Hopefully you struck a chord with some (all) of them. Stay connected to your backbone! Love you!

    ReplyDelete