Created a lab using M&M's to help my physical science kids understand the scientific method and how to use a triple beam balance. They didn't even read the lab. Went out of my way to buy m&m's, write the lab, teach the lab, then they didn't even read the lab. Didn't even finish with 2 full class days to do so in the classroom.
Biology kids averaged a 52% on their first test. A 52%?! What am I doing wrong?
Got roped in to chaperoning the first dance tomorrow night. I will be at school from 6:30am - 11pm at night. At least I have a football game to go to at 7pm. And......I could use the un-interrupted time in my classroom.
Planning on re-arranging the desks (AGAIN) to help with my classroom management. Can't seem to get the kiddos to stop chatting with their neighbor. I currently have the desks set up in groups to encourage peer learning, but that is turning out to be a bigger challenge than I thought.
Today was "Grease Lightning" day. It is theme week and I heard about it on Wednesday. I dressed up like Sandra Dee from Grease and my students thought I was dressed up to look like a Barbie Doll. Oye Vey!
I learned this lesson: You cannot compare yourself to the other teachers that you work with!! We are NEW teachers, of course they are going to be ahead!!
ReplyDelete