Got cussed out by a volleyball player today. She is ineligible to play because she is failing my class and her spanish class. She has been "working so hard and busting her a**" for a whole 2 days to get eligible - but she didn't do her kleenex cube project worth 160 points. Yes, she brought her grade up to a 60.1% which unfortunately is passing in our district to play sports. But, she didn't do her project so I wrote a note stating what her current grade is and that I was not clearing her to play. Boy did that tick her off.
So, after her explosion at me to my face with the help of her friend who told me I act, "like a child," I sent a massive e-mail to the behavior intervention specialist, the counselor, her coach, the athletic director, and all her other teachers asking for a parent conference ASAP.
She told me to go ahead and write a referral to the Dean of Students. It does no good.
Hi, Chantel! I finally got set up for the internet, and Vickie sent me the address for your blog. I started at the beginning and couldn't "put it down" until I read it all the way through. You have an amazing ability to give your readers insight into your first year of teaching!! How do you find the time to do everything you have to do at school in addition to your second job, and then find time to write on your blog? Next time I see you, remind me to tell you about my teacher/friend/co-worker you remind me of. She is an amazing person, too! Take care and don't get discouraged!! You might never know, but you are going to make a major difference in many young people's lives.
ReplyDeleteLana
Thank you Ms. Lana! :)
ReplyDelete