Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Said the Teacher in the Hula Skirt

Well, had the parent-teacher conference today with the kid who has been giving me grief all year long! Parent and student were a no-show. Wow! Really making progress here!

Good news is I met with the Behavior Intervention Specialist and he is going to get the kid on a program involving a Probation Officer regarding his school attendance. Apparently, since he is still under the age of 16, he by law is REQUIRED to be in class. If he fails to comply, he will have to answer to the juvenile courts from now on. Um....yeay!

Also, took a copy of a lab he wrote where he wrote his name in a Sharpie pen (which they are not allowed to have) and his handwriting was in that gang "tagging" writing. The Behavior Intervention Specialist made a copy of it and is releasing it to police to compare with tagging in the local area. If it matches, then he will be busted for defamation of public property. Um....Yeay AGAIN!

So, we will see what comes of that.

I showed up to the meeting wearing a grass hula skirt, hawaiian lei's, and flip flops. Today was "Beach Day" of Spirit Week for the teachers. Tomorrow is Funky Hat Day. As I am talking in the meeting, I am saying, "His education is not being taken seriously.....(said the Teacher in the Hula Skirt!)"

No comments:

Post a Comment