My student that I bumped up so he would be eligible to play has not come to see me once. He PROMISED me he would be in "every morning Ms. Dooley" to get the extra tutoring he needs. Not once has he come in. Lesson learned: DO NOT BUMP OVER 1%. 1% I can deal with if they default on their end of the bargain. Anything more than that and both the student and I are S.O.L.
Yes, he is a SPED student, but that does not excuse him from the work. He still has to complete the work, he just needs special accommodations to do so. Where is his accountability? Where is his mother's accountability? I have called home 4x's and still have not spoken to mom. What's the deal? Great... well he is now playing a winter sport and is still ineligible. He has a 38% in my class now. 38%! I WILL NOT be bumping at all in any direction for him when his first wrestling match comes around. I don't care if Jesus himself is coming to see him play.
No comments:
Post a Comment