Perfect, Just GREAT! I get back from Thanksgiving break and realize I have 2 full weeks left of teaching 5 weeks worth of material before final exams in December. PERFECT! AWESOME! Well - I decided to "cut out the crap" so to speak. I looked at both final exams and then at all the material I was planning on teaching and I made the decision to cut out anything that was not on the final exam. This way, I can really focus on the big picture and stop worrying about all the extra stuff. As you can tell from my Biology test scores, even with the ability to use notes, my students do not pass the test - so why am I worrying about all the extra stuff?
My Physical Science kids are on their last day of making hot air balloons and some are really getting in to it and others are totally slacking and using it as a "goof off" time. My kids who are really in to it I am going to allow them to come in before and after school to finish everything and the ones who are goofing off are not coming in at all anyway.
Had to chase a kid under a desk to take a way a bag of hot cheetos. Stinker asked me to go to the bathroom so I signed his hall pass and he went to the bathroom, then to the vending machines to get a bag of hot cheetos. Now, I do not allow eating in my classroom especially because it is a science classroom and God only knows what is on these desks. The little turkey then opened up the bag of hot cheetos and began to eat them in the middle of class! AUGH!
.....Yes, chasing him under the desk to take away the bag of cheetos was the perfect way to prove I am queen of my classroom! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment