Total Pageviews

Monday, August 30, 2010

Discouraged!

I gave the SPED department my test for my BIO kids on Tuesday of last week and gave them 2 days to modify the exam for their assigned students. It is now end of day on Monday ie: 1 week since and I still do not have the exams back!

Have a student who mouthed off to me in class today. She has missed 9 days of school in the past 3 weeks (missed 9 out of 15 days) and she is pissed at me for having an F in my class? She went off on me like a crazy woman on Springer! I asked her to stay after class and expressed my concern to her about her success in class with all her absences. She said it was none of my business and she was going through personal reasons, and walked out.

Well, that being said, I could have written her a referral to the Dean's office, but instead, I wrote her a referral to the counseling department. Personal reasons could be a myriad of things. Abuse, neglect, malnourishment, ect..... Hopefully the counselor will be able to help her more than I can.

At the advice of the Professional Development Coordinator, I re-taught my classroom policies and procedures again today. I posted them in the classroom, and made all the kids sign the paper with their name stating they agreed to the rules. The paper is colorful with a large laminated pelican bird wearing glasses holding a book and a wizard. These are cut-outs from my Nona who passed away in 2001. I had them laminated and put them up by the classroom rules to remind myself to stick to them as my Nona always had.

2 kids drew penises on the pelican.

No comments:

Post a Comment