I spoke to my Science Department Head and she again reiterated how important it is for the kids to use a notebook for them to cut and paste their homework in as we progress through the year. According to the notebook method, I am to check homework and if it is done, I give them a stamp. Then we correct the homework in class with the students correcting their own work. How am I supposed to know what material I need to modify? How am I supposed to know if my kids are getting it? I will concede to the use of the notebooks, but I need to figure something out for the assessment portion.
I printed out a progress report for all my failing students and I am going to spend tonight stapling the PINK SLIPS to the progress reports for their parents to sign. I plan to give them the progress report tomorrow and give them until Thursday to turn in any missing or late work. That way I can give them a more adequate report on their progress. Lets see if this works!
No comments:
Post a Comment