I had an activity planned for my content area kids, but I panicked and went with the default "going over the syllabus" or 'student plan for success' instead. Oh well, I will do that activity tomorrow. At least I have something planned.
I forced myself to leave my classroom as close to 5:00 as possible. I arrived at school at 6:30 and had about 2 minutes to myself all day. Very busy day! My principal was so helpful. He came in my room during the first period 2 hour Advisory and did a spot check to make sure I was ok, then checked on me through the window periodically throughout the day. He sent me a text message tonight asking if I was ok for tomorrow and congratulated me on a successful first day. I was very appreciative of his time.
I have a couple of class clowns, and really shy kiddos. The class clowns helped to put me at ease today so I was thankful for them. Definitely have to arrange a seating chart for sure for next week! I just need time to learn every one's names before I make it! I need to know who I need to sit where. Had to separate two gentlemen in my 7th period Biology class. Talking too much during my instruction time for me! Hopefully they know I mean business. Spent A LOT of time telling the kids not to write on the desks. I hope that hit home with all of them! :) Don't want to scrub graffiti EVER again! :(
The school still hasn't found another teacher to fulfill the Physical Science/Chemistry position. Maybe that will mean I will get some more Bio classes? I hope so!
I am off to bed and ready to sleep now!
No comments:
Post a Comment